Sharp presents its range of high-performance PERC monocrystalline 120 Half-cells photovoltaic modules from 330 Wp.
Thanks to the half-cell technology, these modules have a 2/3% higher performance and higher efficiency than modules of the same size with a whole cell.
Half-cell modules divided into two upper and lower halves
The half-cell module is divided into two upper and lower halves, connected in parallel via 3 substrings in series.
By dividing the photovoltaic panel in this way, the energy generated per cell is halved and the losses, due to the resistance at the module the level are reduced by 25%, in addition to the significant reduction in cell temperature, reducing the risk of hot spot effects.
Three junction boxes
The junction boxes become 3, containing a bypass diode, with this system a better heat dissipation is guaranteed and the module lasts longer over time.
- Shorter busbars> lower currents> 75% less losses due to resistance
- Lower cell temperatures> increases module longevity
- Lower current> lower cell temperature> less risk of hotspots
- Up to 15 W more production per module
These factors have the effect of increasing the longevity of the entire system and an impact on overall performance.
Higher yield even in case of shading
The half-cell modules thanks to the divided structure, a two-half has a higher efficiency even in the event of shading.
For example, if the lower part of the module is shaded, the module still generates 50% performance with the upper part, while the production of a whole-cell module would be completely compromised. This could be the case of shadows between the rows in installations on open fields or roofs, in this way we can guarantee production from sunrise to sunset.
SHARP: NU-JC – mono – 120 half cells – 330 Wp
High performance with 120 half cells PERC monocrystalline silicon photovoltaic modules, with high module efficiency 19.5%.
- Guaranteed positive power tolerance (0/+5%)
- 5 busbar technology
- 10 years product guarantee and 25 years linear power output guarantee
The advantages of half-cell modules:
- Shorter busbars > Lower current > 75% lower resistance losses
- Up to 3% higher module performance
- Lower cell temperatures > Boost of longevity
- Lower current > Lower cell temperature > Lower risk of hot spot effects
- Up to 15 W more power output per module
Robust product design
- PID resistance test passed
- Salt mist test passed (IEC61701)
- Ammonia test passed (IEC62716)
- Dust and sand test passed (IEC60068)
Tested and certified
- VDE, IEC/EN61215, IEC/EN61730
- Safety class II, CE
- Fire rating class C