In addition to private houses, more and more companies are now opting for the use of a photovoltaic system, seeing in this solution a real possibility of savings.
In this sense, Kostal has introduced the new PIKO 36 EPC which, thanks to a peak power of 36 kVA and a maximum degree of efficiency of 98.7%, is suitable for the needs of large systems, satisfying many of the specific requirements.
This new inverter of the PIKO family has numerous advantages in terms of flexibility, communication and practicality.
This inverter solution has simple installation, fast commissioning and increased security.
The new PIKO 36 EPC has a simple and quick installation. This is due to several aspects common to many KOSTAL inverters.
First of all, the maximum DC voltage of 1100 V allows longer module strings (up to 25), reducing power loss and costs.
The 6 DC inputs are fitted with SUNCLIX connectors, which ensure a connection without instrumentation and immediate. The last aspect concerns the protection of the casing, which being IP65, allows safe use both externally and internally.
The Comboard, common in the PIKO inverter series, is also used in the PIKO 36 EPC. In this model, there are also two network entry points (RJ45) and an RS485 connection.
In addition to this, as regards product safety, it is possible, on request, to install both high DC and AC side of the overvoltage arresters (type 2). This also applies to RS485 and network communication (RJ45).
As can also be seen from the following images, thanks to KOSTAL Smart DC Guard there are no yield losses and no special maintenance is required on the device.
Furthermore, string fuses are not required. KOSTAL Smart AC integrated switch instead, replaces the external coordinated switch.
Kostal PIKO 36 EPC
The PIKO 36 EPC peak power of 36 kVA and a maximum degree of efficiency of 98.7%. Ideal for large plants and large projects.
- simple and quick installation, maximum flexibility
- maximum DC voltage of 1100 V
- string lengths can be realized up to 25 modules
Fiche technique Français
Hoja técnica Español (EU)
- Optimised generator design with system voltage of up to 1,100 V
- Integrated KOSTAL Smart AC Switch takes the place of the external circuit breaker
- KOSTAL Smart DC Guard protects the generator. Loss-free and requires no maintenance. No need for string fuses.
- Simple DC installation at an attractive cost without any string distribution boxes
- Generator is disconnected on site by integrated DC voltage separator
- Over-assignment of up to 50% (DC to AC) permits flexible generator design
- Maximum energy yield thanks to high certified efficiency (>98%)
- In the event of an error, individual strings are shut down to maintain high availability
- The connected PV strings are monitored in pairs for optimum monitoring and service
- Integrated, certified grid service functions ensure reliable operation
- Simple communication (daisy chain) via dual LAN interface (RJ45) with integrated switch
- Tried and tested communication via RS485 bus integrated as standard
- Compatible with many plant controllers and data loggers, so you can use the monitoring system you prefer
- Integrated data loggers back system information up at all times
- Optimum protection from dust and water for tough outdoor use (protection class IP65)
- Low weight for simple transport and installation
- Quick, uncomplicated, and tool‑free AC and DC installation
- Prepared for protection against overvoltage on the AC, DC and communication side
- Cost-optimised 4-wire AC connection, no neutral wire
KOSTAL (PIKO) Solar Plan configuration software for all planning work with the PIKO 36 EPC.