HD-Wave technology inverter
SolarEdge’s HD-Wave technology inverter, winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar award, breaks the mold of traditional inverters.
Using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing, the HD-Wave technology inverter is able to synthesize a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements.
This small and lightweight inverter enables simplified shipping and storing and one-person installation.
The record-breaking efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
- 2.2kW to 6kW inverter range
- Small and lightweight at <10kg
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market)
- Superb reliability due to lower heat dissipation and thin-film instead of electrolytic capacitors
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- Optional built-in meter with ±0.5% accuracy
- Optional self-sustaining power outlet supplying up to 1.5kW backup power
- Backward compatible with existing SolarEdge systems
The HD-Wave technology of Solaredge is based on distributed multi-level switching elements creates a sine wave.
The powerful DSP processor synthesizes a clean sine wave.
With this technology less magnetics is required for filtering, obtaining highly efficient design with minimal heat loss that reduces cooling requirements.