LG solar is a leading PV modules manufacturer with a strategy based on quality
LG manufacturing factories are designed to produce high quality, high performance cell and modules.
For the production of cells, there are many activities for the quality processes:
- all wafers are examined and measured to eliminate defects;
- selected wafers then undergo a wet etching process where the surfaces are immersed in acidic (multi) and alkaline (mono) solutions to help reduce light reflection;
- the wafers are coated with an anti-reflective film to reduce reflection and improve transmission;
- all cells are measured and sorted by efficiency, as well as being classified by colour and electrical characteristics.
For producing the modules:
- the cells are then welded with strings by busing ribbons and after they are assembled with layers of glass, EVA film and back sheet to protect them from external damage;
- these layered modules are then encapsulated to protect the cells from water infiltration;
- the modules are installed with a junction box for electrical connection and framed to ensure mechanical strength;
- ach module is tested under simulated conditions to check output performance and classified accordingly before completion.
Before LG Solar modules go on sale, they must undergo a broad range of specific tests that guarantee the quality of the production. We thereby ensure that our modules meet the most stringent requirements and that you get a return on your investment.
All tests are carried out in our own in-house test laboratory, which is certified by the TÜV Rheinland and Underwriters Laboratories and satisfies all the requirements for the latest test procedures. Here you can find a selection of test procedures that our modules have to pass
LG Solar modules are characterised by their maximum load capacity.
This is achieved by using high-quality materials — down to the smallest detail. In particular, our unique frame design is the key to withstanding extreme stresses and strains in order to safeguard your investment. After all, every module on the roof has to withstand a great deal.
The solar modules produced by LG meet the most stringent quality criteria – guaranteed by one of the world’s leading electronics companies.
Return on your investment in solar energy
In addition to the quality of a solar module, performance is the decisive factor in assuring the return on your investment in solar energy.
By conducting tests that exceed IEC standards, we ensure that our modules satisfy the highest quality criteria upon leaving the production line. You can therefore depend on the performance of our modules to which is attached a comprehensive performance guarantee of 25 year.
As a global, financially strong company, LG is one of the main market leaders and will also be a reliable partner for its customers over the coming years. Furthermore, by conducting tests that exceed IEC standards, we ensure that our modules are really put through their paces upon leaving the factory.